Smart business owners know how important search engine optimization (SEO) is fortheir company’s websites. SEO, when done effectively, will help to increase awebsite’s visibility on the search engines.
This means that their website will show up in the top search results when someone searches for a keyword or phrase that applies to their business. Being in the top results can send thousands of targeted prospects to your website.
In fact, smart SEO can help your digital marketing build your business in many ways!
Consider these benefits of SEO:
- You will see an increase in traffic. As your website becomes more optimized overtime, it will start to rank higher in the search engines for various search terms. As this happens, you should see an increase in traffic, or prospects viewing your website. Ultimately, this should increase your sales too.
- It will increase the credibility of your business. Your customers are conditioned to believe that the best businesses are those ranked at the top of the search engines, whether that is true or not.
- When you rank highly, your prospects perceive your business more favorably, which leads to an increase in sales, conversions, and brand recognition.
- SEO can lead to long-lasting results. Radio, print, and billboard ads produce short-term rewards. SEO, on the other hand, helps to deliver long-term rewards.
- By investing in SEO, your online presence increases, resulting in a more profitable return on investment (ROI).—- All that time you spend creating content will return profitable results for months possibly years…
- You are in control of the cost. Whether you are building backlinks, creating a social media presence, or creating blog content, you will know how much it will cost beforehand. Once you know what each service will cost, you can determine which you believe would give you a better ROI
- Your website will become more user-friendly. A good SEO expert will be able to look at your website and optimize it not only for the search engines but also for your user too.
- Improving your website's user experience included many aspects, including how quickly your website loads, how easily it is to navigate, and whether it is mobile-friendly.
- By improving the user experience of your website, you will see an increase in conversions, plus you should see an overall ranking increase in the search engines, as this is one of the known ranking factors.
- SEO helps encourage users to visit a local store. It has been shown in numerous studies that having an online presense can also increase visits to your offline premises. If you have a restaurant, for example, a potential customer could check out your menu or customer reviews before making a reservation. Check out this Blog Post for more information on a coursefor local businesses ranking higher on Google.
- Your social media following will increase. As your search engine rankings increase, more visitors will arrive at your website. Even if they do not immediately buy from you, they may still end up checking out your social media platforms, follow them, and then become buyers later on.
- These new followers can also share your marketing messages, leading to an increase in social traffic and sales.
- SEO helps put you ahead of your competitors. As you integrate SEO and various other online marketing techniques into your business, you will move ahead of those competitors who have not implemented these techniques.
These are just some of the ways SEO helps your digital marketing. If you are not implementing it in your own digital marketing activities, you are limiting your results, sales, and profits.
I hope you got value from this post. If so comment below Tweet, Pin, or share on your favorite digital media platform.
To Your Success,